Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Update!

So, I sent a care package to Leo a couple of weeks ago. It contained: A few disposable cameras, three pairs of shoes in three different sizes (he can walk now!), two sets of pajamas, an outfit, a couple little blankets, and a toy bear that lights up and talks. You have to stuff everything into a box that is about the same size as an average shoe box (because of customs). So, I crammed it all in, hoping it would get to him.

About two weeks after I sent it I received an email. It was an update! My heart skipped a beat when I saw the subject-"Hu Shi Jia Update," YES!! I opened the email to see Leo wearing his new sports pajamas that Charlie had picked out. And, he was holding a basketball. When I showed the picture to Charlie he said "Leo likes basketball? I didn't know Leo likes basketball." Anyone who knows Charlie knows he is obsessed with sports so this picture sealed the deal, if he wasn't sure before.   There were two pictures, and in the other one of the nannies was sitting next to him with a smile from ear to ear. Seriously, if I can't be holding my little boy myself at least I feel a little comfort in the fact that this smiling, happy woman is with him. It gives me a little reassurance in a time when I don't have too much to cling to....

They also gave a short personality and health update: he is walking, starting to talk, is extroverted, and they gave his measurements which are all great. And, as I have said before, the doctors say that the best indicator of how well a heart patient is doing are his growth and development rates. Go Leo! Go!





We went down to the 4800 block of Broadway on Monday morning to get our fingerprints done (again). As they process our immigration paperwork we are sent on little errands: go at 8:00am on December 5th and get fingerprinted. Honestly, I don't mind because at least when we are given these chores it lets me know that something is being processed and that my application isn't just sitting on someone's desk somewhere while we wait. And, I feel less helpless in this situation-I'll do whatever it takes!

So, we're still looking at February (earliest) to travel or March or even April. We're hoping that our first immigration form will be processed before Christmas. The second one shouldn't take long, I hope. At least twenty times a day I envision myself kissing Leo's cheeks, hugging him, and seeing Charlie and Leo shooting hoops together in my living room (yes, I have a basketball hoop in my living room).

In the meantime, I am packing up another shoebox size box. This one contains a little blanket, new socks, some disposable cameras, and two new outfits. In China it is important to ring in the new year with a new outfit-so play clothes are on the way Leo! 2012 is going to be a great one for all of us-I want  Leo to bring it the new year in style (ok, in style when you're 14 months means comfy sweats and a matching shirt, but that works, right?). Counting the days....

il_fullxfull.287625083.jpg




il_fullxfull.287625083.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment